Sign up for our newsletter! Follow:
Rockin' Brunswick - The Blasés, "All Night Long" (9 of 12)
Posted by Paul Devlin:
The Blasés were good friends of mine through high school and college and still are. They lived in North Jersey and I grew up in Central Jersey. But the keyboardist, Bill Donohue, is a cousin of my high school classmate Jim Donohue. So we combined our groups of friends, and went on adventures, heading north on the Garden State Parkway to watch the Blasés play high school dances.
The Blasés were a hit in New Brunswick and I made two more music videos of them, both of which played on MTV (we'll post those here as well soon). They went on to become one of the most popular bands at the Jersey shore in the late ‘80s and early ‘90s and enjoyed a lot of college radio play.
This song from Rockin’ Brunswick features bassist Paul “Rock” Verdon. Our buddy Rock died in a train accident in 1985 and will always be missed.
Next up, The Groceries....
Or you can get the DVD of Rockin’ Brunswick, here.
- “Dying of the Light” at MASS MoCA
- The British Shonda Rhimes: 'Happy Valley' Creator Sally Wainwright on Making Feminist Crime Drama In the UK
- The Indiewire Fall Preview: The 16 Films We're Most Excited to See (That We Haven't Seen Yet)
- Darren Aronofsky to Receive Maverick Award at the Woodstock Film Festival
- 7 New Netflix Shows to Binge Watch in September (and the Best Episodes of Each)