Sign up for our newsletter! Follow:
Rockin' Brunswick - The Blasés, "All Night Long" (9 of 12)
Posted by Paul Devlin:
The Blasés were good friends of mine through high school and college and still are. They lived in North Jersey and I grew up in Central Jersey. But the keyboardist, Bill Donohue, is a cousin of my high school classmate Jim Donohue. So we combined our groups of friends, and went on adventures, heading north on the Garden State Parkway to watch the Blasés play high school dances.
The Blasés were a hit in New Brunswick and I made two more music videos of them, both of which played on MTV (we'll post those here as well soon). They went on to become one of the most popular bands at the Jersey shore in the late ‘80s and early ‘90s and enjoyed a lot of college radio play.
This song from Rockin’ Brunswick features bassist Paul “Rock” Verdon. Our buddy Rock died in a train accident in 1985 and will always be missed.
Next up, The Groceries....
Or you can get the DVD of Rockin’ Brunswick, here.
- Review: 'Homeland' Season 4 Episode 4 'Iron in the Fire' Sparks But Can't Light
- Afternoon Smackdown: Pre-Vis’ing a Fight Scene
- Specialty Box Office: 'Birdman' and 'Dear White People' Soar To Give One of Year's Best Indie Weekends
- Review: 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Episode 9, 'Flatline,' Goes Off the Wall (In a Good Way)
- 9 Films About Dysfunctional Families Streaming on Netflix Now