Sign up for our newsletter! Follow:
The Front Man - The Record Room/Field Hollers Yield Dollars - Episode 1 (of 5)
Take a tour inside Jim Wood's famous Record Room in this exclusive clip from the upcoming Music Comedy by DevlinPix, The Front Man.
This is the setting for our new series, which we're very excited to launch today. Field Hollers Yield Dollars is the uniquely American story of how Rhythm and Blues was whitewashed to become Rock and Roll.
With profound love of the music and encyclopedic knowledge of the era, Jim Wood adds insight, surprises, humor and controversy to a frank discussion of a history you only thought you knew. In this first episode Jim talks to Marquise Stillwell about the transition from early “race” records to Rhythm and Blues music, and we meet Little Walter and hear his amazing electric harp!
- ‘The Magicians’’ Grand, Expensive Musical Tribute to ‘Les Miserables’ Won’t Be Its Last
- MPAA Report Says Non-White Audiences are Growing, While Women Drive Blockbusters
- 7 Films New to Netflix to Watch In April, Including ‘Kubo and the Two Strings’ and ‘Casting JonBenet’
- Bobby Farrelly Outlines His Problem With Modern Comedy: People Are ‘Thin Skinned’ and ‘Sensitive’
- ‘Teachers’: Why Six Bold Women Named Katie Aren’t Afraid to Get Ugly for Great Comedy