Sign up for our newsletter! Follow:
Field Hollers Yield Dollars - Episode 5 (of 5) Finale!
The field hollers and work songs of American slaves morphed into the blues, which evolved into rhythm and blues as technology advanced. Field Hollers Yield Dollars tells the uniquely American story of the marketing scheme that whitewashed rhythm and blues to create rock and roll.
The finale of Field Hollers Yield Dollars! Jim speaks about the Soul music of the 1960s, with its deep roots in the passionate gospel songs of the past, and tells us why record labels continue to be relevant despite; file sharing, internet self promotion, and the occasional artist, like Jimi Hendrix, whose talent is impossible to reproduce. Marquise concludes the series by asking Jim about his personal definition of success.
You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes to get the full series delivered straight to your computer or mobile device!
And be sure to look for Jim in the upcoming DevlinPix music-comedy The Front Man.
- Starting Tonight: Secret Film Club @ reRun
- The Opportunist on the Croisette
- Five Minutes of Nicole Kidman as 'Grace of Monaco' is Not Enough: The Weinstein Co. Underwhelms With Their Cannes Preview
- Watch: The Trailer for the Eighth and Final Season of 'Dexter' Features Guest Star Charlotte Rampling
- From Alfonso Cuarón to Sam Raimi: The Directors of the 2013-2014 New Network Shows