Sign up for our newsletter! Follow:
2002 French Open Teaser
Posted by Paul Devlin:
I love those calls: “Hey can you come to Paris for a few weeks, and help us edit some tennis.” Hell yes!
The call came from Woods Communications, who had been hired by ESPN to help them cover the 2002 French Tennis Open (Roland Garros). I met Tom Woods when I was working for ABC/ESPN/ESPN2 editing World Cup Soccer in Paris. Tom and his brother Ian, are two Americans who set up shop in Paris years ago, servicing American sports networks in Europe. Fantastic business model and very clever guys. I also worked with them covering the Tour De France for CBS.
All that work in France made me fall in love with the place and I try to get back at least once a year, even when I’m not working there.
- ‘War Machine’ Trailer: Brad Pitt Explains the Difference Between Helping People and Killing Them — Watch
- Telefilm Canada Celebrates Fiftieth Anniversary with Annual Canada Now Series — Watch
- ‘Moonlight’ Testing China Censors Because Gay Themes Considered ‘Not Politically Correct’
- As the Academy Scandal Recedes, President Cheryl Boone Isaacs Accepts CinemaCon’s Pioneer Award
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Promo: The Iron Throne Is in Everyone’s Sights — Watch