Sign up for our newsletter! Follow:
BLAST! - BBC Weekend World
Posted by Paul Devlin:
One of the amazing things about the shoestring movies made by independent filmmakers, is the disproportionally vast reach and impact they can have.
BBC World News is available in over 120 countries. Impossible to collect ratings information but based on surveys, they claim an overall viewership of 70 million per week across the planet.
After BBC World started acquiring independent films from BBC's Storyville strand, both Power Trip and BLAST! had what amounts to GLOBAL broadcasts on the channel, 4 screenings over a weekend.
When they also invited me to do this interview for the news program Weekend World I jumped at the chance to reach that many people.
- ‘Sense8’ Season 2 Review: No More Learning Curve, As Lana Wachowski Revs the Show Forward
- Jason Jones Explains Why He and Samantha Bee Passed On Hosting ‘The Daily Show’
- ‘The Sinner’ Review: Jessica Biel Is More Than a Mom and a Murderer in USA’s Intriguing Limited Series — Tribeca 2017
- ‘Awake, A Dream From Standing Rock’ Is A Lesson in Resistance For the Rest of Us — Tribeca Review
- 10 Shows That Changed Critics’ Perceptions of the World — IndieWire Survey