Sign up for our newsletter! Follow:
BLAST! - BBC Weekend World
Posted by Paul Devlin:
One of the amazing things about the shoestring movies made by independent filmmakers, is the disproportionally vast reach and impact they can have.
BBC World News is available in over 120 countries. Impossible to collect ratings information but based on surveys, they claim an overall viewership of 70 million per week across the planet.
After BBC World started acquiring independent films from BBC's Storyville strand, both Power Trip and BLAST! had what amounts to GLOBAL broadcasts on the channel, 4 screenings over a weekend.
When they also invited me to do this interview for the news program Weekend World I jumped at the chance to reach that many people.
- Why China’s Box Office May Not Save the Film Industry After All — CinemaCon 2017
- Entries for the Student Academy Awards Are Now Open
- 6 Wild (And Early) Emmy Nomination Predictions
- One-Person Crew: The Pros and Cons of Making a Documentary By Yourself
- ‘Too Old to Die Young’: Miles Teller to Star in Nicolas Winding Refn’s Amazon Series