Sign up for our newsletter! Follow:
Freestyle - "NY History" (9 of 14)
Posted by Paul Devlin:
A look back at the heyday of NYC cyphering in the early ‘90s, with SuperNatural in Washington Square Park, commentary from Mos Def, and a spectacular Freestyle narrative from Wordsworth.
The Making of Freestyle (continued)
In order to develop the story threads for Freestyle, we began gathering new material. First I added the interview and performance of Juice that I had already shot. Then we researched those historic battles and started collecting footage from around the country. We became Freestyle Central for awhile! When the director, Kevin Fitzgerald came to NYC from LA, I shot new footage with him. We sought out Craig G for a crucial interview and also brought in Anthony Marshall and Danny Castro of Lyricist Lounge. They stopped by my apartment to check out the results one day.
- ‘The Magicians’’ Grand, Expensive Musical Tribute to ‘Les Miserables’ Won’t Be Its Last
- MPAA Report Says Non-White Audiences are Growing, While Women Drive Blockbusters
- 7 Films New to Netflix to Watch In April, Including ‘Kubo and the Two Strings’ and ‘Casting JonBenet’
- Bobby Farrelly Outlines His Problem With Modern Comedy: People Are ‘Thin Skinned’ and ‘Sensitive’
- ‘Teachers’: Why Six Bold Women Named Katie Aren’t Afraid to Get Ugly for Great Comedy