Sign up for our newsletter! Follow:
Slam Poem: Monica Copeland - "Working Girl"
Posted by Rina Svet:
A fiery gem from Monica Copeland! As Taylor Mali put it, "Here's an example of a slam poem from 15 years ago that might well have been performed today! It is suffused with the kind of self-righteous anger that slammers would soon discover was the key to getting a high score."
- Review: 'The Americans' Season 3 Episode 1 'EST Men' Switches Targets
- Sundance Review: In 'Results,' Andrew Bujalski and Guy Pearce Riff on the Romantic Comedy Formula
- Meet the 2015 Sundance Filmmakers #49: Michael Almereyda Rocks the Biopic Genre With 'Experimenter'
- Meet the 2015 Sundance Filmmakers #48: Stanley Nelson Showcases the Black Panther Party in New Documentary
- Meet the 2015 Sundance Filmmakers #47: Ariel Kleiman Examines an Extreme World for 'Partisan'