Sign up for our newsletter! Follow:
Slam Poem: Monica Copeland - "Working Girl"
Posted by Rina Svet:
A fiery gem from Monica Copeland! As Taylor Mali put it, "Here's an example of a slam poem from 15 years ago that might well have been performed today! It is suffused with the kind of self-righteous anger that slammers would soon discover was the key to getting a high score."
- Top Stories of the Week: Steven Soderbergh and 'The X-Files' Make Big Returns
- The Best Trailers of the Week: 'The Witch' and 'Green Room' Bring the Genre Thrills
- “A Poor African-American Woman in the Jim Crow South”: Maggie Greenwald |Sophie and the Rising Sun
- Epic Pictures Picks Up 'Half Life' and SXSW Favorite 'Uncle Kent 2'
- Watch: 'The Americans' Season 4 Trailer Teases Big Trouble