Sign up for our newsletter! Follow:
CBS Image Promo
Posted by Paul Devlin:
2013 was a great year for CBS Sports and I was able to show that off by editing this Image Promo for the department. I worked on this with Producer Pete Radovich and Associate Director Gareth Hughes.
The key to these pieces is to keep the energy high and make it as exciting as possible. The big challenge is how to tell the story of three epic events in only 30 seconds. Of course, we had the luxury of fantastic shots to work with. Once you've got the basic layout, the process becomes all about shaving and shifting frames. Changes of fractions of a second can have a surprisingly big impact.
Also, this kind of project requires approval at the highest level. That means many revisions. I think we went through 25 versions of this piece. This is the first version that aired. But we still went back to drawing board a couple times after that to make even more changes before it was finalized.
- ‘War Machine’ Trailer: Brad Pitt Explains the Difference Between Helping People and Killing Them — Watch
- Telefilm Canada Celebrates Fiftieth Anniversary with Annual Canada Now Series — Watch
- ‘Moonlight’ Testing China Censors Because Gay Themes Considered ‘Not Politically Correct’
- As the Academy Scandal Recedes, President Cheryl Boone Isaacs Accepts CinemaCon’s Pioneer Award
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Promo: The Iron Throne Is in Everyone’s Sights — Watch