Sign up for our newsletter! Follow:
The 2000 National Poetry Slam
Paul Devlin directed this first in a series of National Poetry Slam Finals videos.
The hottest spoken word artists gather each year at the National Poetry Slam for a lip-slinging, mouth-mashing shoot out. If you think you know poetry watch this video and see the dusty, grade school memory turned upside down. Is it a new art form or a return to the raging roots of oral tradition? Gather round and feel the heat of these poets words. The 2000 Finals Night features 24 poets performing 31 poems.
Check out our other films:
- ‘The Magicians’’ Grand, Expensive Musical Tribute to ‘Les Miserables’ Won’t Be Its Last
- MPAA Report Says Non-White Audiences are Growing, While Women Drive Blockbusters
- 7 Films New to Netflix to Watch In April, Including ‘Kubo and the Two Strings’ and ‘Casting JonBenet’
- Bobby Farrelly Outlines His Problem With Modern Comedy: People Are ‘Thin Skinned’ and ‘Sensitive’
- ‘Teachers’: Why Six Bold Women Named Katie Aren’t Afraid to Get Ugly for Great Comedy