Sign up for our newsletter! Follow:
Visit the film website.
“Brilliant! Absorbing! Unexpected twists and turns!" - The New York Times
"The film BLAST! is terrific! This is a story where fact is stranger than fiction. You could not have written a better script. I recommend you go out and see it!"
- Ira Flatow, NPR's Science Friday (about 12 minutes in)
Cover story in Sky & Telescope!
BLAST! explores both the heartbreak and the glory of trying to unravel the secrets of outer space. Mark Devlin, PhD (the filmmaker’s brother) launches revolutionary telescopes on NASA high-altitude balloons. Dangerous, but necessary if he wants to look back in time and reveal a hidden Universe of never-before-seen galaxies. BLAST! follows Mark and his team on their grueling journey across 5 continents, from Arctic Sweden to Antarctica, as they search the sky for clues to the Evolution of Everything. Along the way, the rarely-seen true life of scientists is exposed – the failures, the triumphs and the sacrifices. It’s an adventure like no other, one that will that take you around the world and across the Universe.
Mark Devlin was recently in Antarctica for a third time launching a new version of BLAST. Read more about it here.
Check out our other films:
- TV Review: Political Plotting Dominates 'Breaker of Chains' as Season 4 of 'Game of Thrones' Moves Past the Purple Wedding
- Specialty Box Office: John Turturro's 'Gigolo' Far From Fading With Year's Second Best Limited Debut
- 5 Questions For Traitors Director Sean Gullette
- Robert De Niro’s First Vine
- Vote for Project of the Week: Will It Be 'Bodkin Ras,' 'Plant,' 'Big Spoon' or 'Headhunt Revisited'?