Sign up for our newsletter! Follow:
The Front Man
NOW AVAILABLE ON iTUNES!
With his 5th feature documentary, five-time Emmy winner and Independent Spirit Award nominee Paul Devlin has created a rare non-fiction rock 'n roll comedy love story. The Front Man is an intimate portrait that evolves into a 27-year journey about a man so busy chasing his dreams that he risks missing what success really means.
Jim Wood is bursting with personality, always ready to take center stage with his clever bawdy humor. A talented musician, Jim is still dedicated to his New Jersey band Loaded Poets, together 20 years since high school. But as Jim grapples with the broken promise of rock 'n roll stardom, he must reconcile his joy of creating music and his wife Christie’s desire for a child with a culture in which anything short of celebrity is failure.
Jim and Christie’s quest for fame takes a winding path through the homes of acclaimed musicians, a legendary recording studio, the set of a cult horror movie, and onto American national television. These adventures counterpoint their very personal, but also hilariously candid struggle with whether or not to have children.
Their pursuit of celebrity becomes a rite of passage, transforming them in surprising ways. Perhaps growing up is not the same as giving up.
The Front Man is now screening at film festivals and seeking wider distribution.
Check out our other films:
- Margot Robbie, Millie Bobby Brown and Tom Hardy Top IMDb’s Top 10 Stars of 2016 List
- Oscars: Gender-Fluid Actor Kelly Mantle Submitted For Consideration in Both Male and Female Categories
- IndieWire and FilmStruck’s ‘Movies That Inspire Me’: Nicole Holofcener Explains How ‘High Hopes’ Earns Its Title
- ‘Silence’ Review: Martin Scorsese Delivers a Gorgeous Crisis-of-Faith Drama
- Tracy Letts: How a God of American Theater Was Bested By Hollywood — Then Beat It